ROR draggable_element with ghosting property in IE

Some days ago I faced a problem of drag and drop functionality in developing Scrumpad. We had to give a way to drag a DIV element from one block and drop to another to make user experience more interactive. It’s really an easy task as we have many rich javascript libraries. Besides ROR provide a rich javascript helper.
However we enabled the DIV s to be draggable by the following way:
<%= draggable_element ‘element_[id]’, :revert=>true, :ghosting => true -%>

Here ‘element_[id]’ refers to some DIV s having id like ‘element_1’, ‘element_2’ and so on...
When equipped with everything I checked in firefox and found everything working well. But in IE this code created a huge mess. After digging a bit more I found the problem in the ghosting property in draggable_element function. Actually this property helps to create a replica of the dragging element and move that DIV anywhere else. But IE showed so devotion on it that it was creating a new replica on each movement of my mouse. Finally rubbed out that property and found IE working fine. I searched for such examples in internet that uses ghosting property in draggable_element and works well in IE. But I didn’t found anyone. So finally I made my mind up not to use ghosting property anymore and this is only to be compatible with IE.
It would be great to have suggestions on this problem.

Thank u.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your findings. It will help me in future when I use this draggable helper.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ajax form submission with tiny MCE editor

Samsung BADA, A new era of Samsung smart phones begins

Samsung BADA, Starting with sample application